Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Newborns for days! Post #3

At the studio I currently work at we are running a newborn special. So, we have babies coming out of our ears! This is going to be my second post on newborn photography and the first thing I am going to share with you is what I tell every new mommy that asks me about newborn photos. If you want those cute, perfect, and cuddly poses you will want to bring that baby in during the first 12 days. I know it sounds awful, getting out of the house right after you have a baby. 9 times out of 10 though your photographer will have a handle on it and you can sit back and relax. Maybe even take a nap ;).  Newborns are a hard thing to master. They are tiny and so breakable. You must be careful and pray they don't wake up! Sleeping babies are the best babies. You can do a much cuter set up if that kiddo is passed out! When babies are awake they are a lot more difficult at that age because their hands and feet are all over the place. They also can't focus yet. Their eyes tend to cross and/or wonder a lot. My last little tip which almost anyone who has been around a baby should know is, The Butt Pat. Patting a baby’s butt is normally the best and fastest way to calm them down and adding in the Shhhhhhhh’s will help that along too!
A little background on this cute dude. His mom came in with a Pinterest idea on her phone and big brothers Tonka Truck. I was super nervous because for one it's on wheels and big bro kept trying to push it around with baby in it! His mom and I were both having small heart attacks trying to keep him away and this little guy wanted nothing to do with laying in here! We got it done though, in the safest way possible and it's super cute! Pinterest Success!!



No comments:

Post a Comment